Thanksgiving has passed, and everything is back to normal. ?Although I do admit, I?m happy to be back to the day-to-day grind. ?I mean, don?t get me wrong?I?ve enjoyed time with my?family, just being able to spend time with my cousins, uncles, and aunts has been fun.
The Path To Forgiveness After a Week of Gluttony
- Do Something.??It could be running, biking, swimming, weightlifting. ?I don?t care what you do, just make sure you do something. ?Even if you haven?t been to the gym in two months, today make it a point to start. ?If you haven?t been working out, I?m not suggesting you do this because you?re going to get into shape in one day. ?But just starting will do two things. ?The first thing that will happen is you?ll feel good about yourself, and shake off the guilt from holiday eating. ?Sometimes that?s all we need to get going. ?Number two, it could be the beginning of a new habit. ?All it takes is one day.
- For the Next five days, let?s tighten up on the diet. ?Protein, Fats, and Carbs. ?Let?s make sure we are eating the right portions of these macros and plan out your meal times and what you’re going to eat. ?I eat six meals a day, and not because I read some book but because I’m that hungry:
- 7:30 am?Breakfast
- 10:00 am Mid Morning Snack
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 2:30 pm Mid Evening Snack
- 9:00 pm Dinner (Late dinner, Crossfit throws dinner out of whack, but I never miss a meal)
- 11:00 pm night time snack (I may have a banana or something light, the worst feeling in the world is to wake up on an empty stomach).
Breakfast: ?I?m?probably?going to eat two?scrambled?eggs, one orange, and oatmeal with no sugar.
Mid-Morning Snack: ?A handful, okay maybe two handfuls of unsalted cashews, and a?banana.
Lunch: ?Depending on where I?m at, I would be looking for a salad with light dressing, and grilled chicken.
- Detox from Sugar. ?No juice, no soda, no sugar in the coffee, let?s detox from sugar completely. ?Sugar is one of the most addictive elements in our society; research has shown that sugar is more addictive than cocaine.? With that said, sugar is addictive, and what better time to wean ourselves from sugar.
ONE MORE THING
- Get a jump on your New Year’s resolution. ?Instead of saying I?m going to start January let?s start today. ?Think about it, how many New Year’s resolutions have you followed through with? ?No one will never tell you to stop;?if you do what you say you’re going to do, you?ll be a better person. ?But think of it this way, start today, and in four weeks when everyone else is talking about there new habit or lifestyle, you?ll be four weeks in,?then you?ll get another jolt of motivation to stick with it.